SPEAK TO US TODAY
adelaide's trusted disability clinic
Adelaide Disability Medical Services
Adelaide Disability Medical Services has a dedicated group of General Practitioners who provide holistic care to people with intellectual and physical disabilities.
Our practice is fully accredited by Quality Practice Accreditation according to the standards set out by the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP).
Our GPs are all Fellows of the RACGP or working towards Fellowship.
about our practice
Why Choose ADMS?
• GPs who are experienced in caring for people with a disability
• Continuity of care
• Respect and advocacy
• Flexible appointment types including Telehealth
• A focus on preventative healthcare including Annual Health Assessments for People with an Intellectual Disability and GP Management Plans
A regular GP is a crucial component in the timely diagnosis and treatment of medical conditions. We believe continuity, knowledge and advocacy is the best way to get results.
What is our Mission and Vision?
We strive to reduce the gap in health care access and inequality for people living with a disability in South Australia by providing a medical service that is flexible and tailored to the needs of our patients.
We are passionate about educating health care professionals and building strong links with training organisations and the tertiary sector and are proud to offer an Extended Skills Training Post with GPEx, the GP Training organisation in South Australia.
We provide a dedicated medical service to clients who are faced with a disability at our clinic in Mawson Lakes, covering a wide range of medical conditions including:
- Physical & Intellectual Disabilities
- Acquired Brain & Spinal Injuries
- Down Syndrome
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- End-Stage Huntington's Disease
Compassion, Holistic, Integrity, Reliable, Respect are the values which define the work we do here at Adelaide Disability Medical Services.
How do I register my interest?
Feel free to call our number on (08) 8121 8367 and register your interest with the service.
Alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and our team will respond to your enquiry within the week.
Our intake of new clients depends on how heavy our case load is at any given time, and your place of residence.
Feel free to call us to see how quickly we can be of service to you.
We will often make a time to meet with you and your caregivers to discuss if we are the right fit for your needs.
New Patient Information Kit
- A new client to our service will be provided with an information pack which includes:
• Methods of contacting the service and doctors involved
• Request for preferred pharmacy provider
• Request for information regarding contact details of caregivers, accommodation facility staff and management if appropriate
• A transfer of medical information form to release medical information held with a prior practice
• Contact details for our preferred after hours locum service
• An invoice for our fees – we request this is attended to prior to our first consultation